It is so hard to focus on the laptop screen when your eyes turn dreamy. This is happening right now to me as I sit down to write about Papri Chaat. Yummm..! Crunchy, tangy, zesty, hot, spicy, sweet – it is amazing how a simple Chaat can reflect us such Symphony of flavors. Wow..seriously just wow!!!
Papri chaat is traditionally prepared using crisp fried dough wafers known as papri, along with boiled chick peas, boiled potatoes, dahi (yogurt) and tamarind chutney and topped with chaat masala and sev. The papri is typically prepared with refined white flour and ghee or oil. Mint, cilantro and spices may also be used. The dish has sweet, sour, tangy and spicy flavors and a creamy and crunchy texture.
Who doesn’t love chaat? Do you guys know that moment that whenever you go to the Bazaar shopping with your mum or anyone else…and a savory, sweet auroma just encompasses you and you simply just want to follow it and suddenly you are mouth-watery when you come across all those gorgeous chutneys and aachars in the Bazaar. But, however, now you do not need to sit and wait in humongous lines as our online ordering platform Foodmario is already available in the market digitally and manually. Digitally in the sense that you can order your desired Home-Cooked meal through our mobile app and on the other hand, manually in the sense that your ordered meal will be delivered free of cost at prompt timing.
- 20-14 Pieces Papdi
- 1 and 1/2 cup Curd Chilled
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Potato Boiled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Black Chickpeas Soaked for 2-3 hours and then boiled with salt until softened
- 2 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Mint Chutney
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- 1/4 cup Nylon Sev
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- Arrange the papdi in a plate in a single layer.
- Whisk curd with sugar and pour it over the papdi.
- Add potato, black chickpeas and onion on top.
- Drizzle coriander and mint chutney and Tamarind chutney on top.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, fresh coriander and nylon sev on top.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- Course: Chaat, Snack
- Cuisine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- You can increase or decrease the amount of chutneys and spices according to your preference.
- Serve the Papdi Chaat immediately after assembling.
- If you want to serve it later, you can keep all the ingredients ready and just assemble the chaat just before you are ready to serve.